|Click to see
Animal Control Officer: Fearnley Davies
Tweed Animal Shelter: 613-478-3547
Location: 139 Allore Rd., Stoco, ON
LICENCING OF DOGS
• Buy your dog tag after January 2 each year for $15.00 each. After April 1 the cost goes up to $45.00 each.
• Dog licences expire December 31 each year.
• At the time of registration information about both the owner and the dog will be required.
• A record of dog tags is kept to make it easier to locate the owner of a lost dog.
• The dog tag must be securely fixed on the dog at all times.
• If a tag becomes lost or the information on it wears off a replacement tag can be obtained from the Municipal Office.
Annual dog tags are mandatory and are available at the municipal office at a cost of $15.00 each starting January 2 each year.
After April 1 each year this cost increases to $45.00 each.
After April 1 each year the Animal Control Officer commences a door-to-door canvas throughout the municipality for the purpose of selling dog tags.
Annual kennel licences are also mandatory and must be obtained directly from our Animal Control Officer through the Tweed Animal Shelter. The owner of a kennel of purebred dogs or non-purebred dogs is required to pay an annual fee of $100.00. Kennel licences are available January 2 each year and expire December 31 each year. After April 1 the cost goes up to $150.00. The Animal Control Officer issues all kennel licences.